JCMR Technology specializes in helping businesses develop Disaster Recovery Solutions that reduce the downtime and data loss immediately following an emergency. JCMR Technology has the expertise and infrastructure to create customized plans that improve Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs), so businesses can resume normal operation as quickly as possible after an outage. JCMR Technologys solutions focus on immediately restoring critical systems and quickly reestablishing secondary infrastructure, software and data. JCMR Technology helps businesses:
- Classify data, so the data can be protected accordingly and restored in a prioritized order
- Set up high-quality backups and data-mirroring, to reduce the loss of critical operations
- With ongoing support needs, adjusting Disaster Recovery Plans as needed
- Explore both onsite and Cloud-based Solutions for Disaster Recovery
Onsite Disaster Recovery
Onsite Disaster Recovery Plans require a significant investment in infrastructure and personnel. The equipment needed to create a duplicate virtual environment must be purchased, set up, and maintained by experienced IT Professionals. An onsite Disaster Recovery Plan should include:
- Facilities to house the infrastructure in a temperature-controlled environment
- Infrastructure to create a secure network, including firewalls, routers, load balancers and switches
- Powerful enough servers to run all critical operations
- Physical security to protect the infrastructure housed in these facilities
- A scalable solution
This is the minimum requirements for an onsite Disaster Recovery Plan. Depending how critical the information and processes are, a fault-tolerant solution might be necessary. If this is the case, companies must also invest in duplicate infrastructure.
Offsite Disaster Recovery
For many small- and medium-sized businesses, installing a full-scale onsite Disaster Recovery Plan is not financially possible. The Cloud, however, makes an offsite solution practical. Although the Cloud approaches Disaster Recovery differently, the Cloud offers an affordable solution that is more than adequate.
Offsite solutions provide significant savings because businesses can outsource the work to a company that specializes in this area, such as JCMR Technology. Rather than investing in the infrastructure and personnel upfront, businesses can pay an ongoing subscription fee. This fee, while recurring, is much less than the total upfront costs of an onsite solution. Furthermore, the infrastructure can be upgraded as needed, by selecting a higher plan when needed. When systems are backed up offsite, everything is copied into a virtual server. After an outage, the server can be immediately restored.
Nuances between onsite and offsite Disaster Recovery Plans make each slightly preferable in certain circumstances. When data is highly confidential, it is often necessary to invest in an onsite solution. Offsite backup, on the other hand, is a more affordable option. JCMR Technology will be happy to discuss either solution with businesses in need of these services.