Currently, your software may be hosted in-house on servers. When your business first did this, it was the thing to do – maybe the only thing to do. But the servers need maintenance, you are running out of disk space, or lack physical space for these servers. Also, the servers require time and resources from your IT Department to maintain and upgrade. This may not be the appropriate infrastructure solution any more.
- Greater Scalability & Agility: Because different functions in your Organization can use the same software and programs, deploying applications in the Cloud provides greater usage of the current resources and opens up your Organization for virtualization. You can also scale up or down easily – on demand and in minutes.
- Tighter Security: Cloud deployment gives your Organization access to dedicated security for all components within the Cloud. The Server Provider can provide more types of to-the-minute protective measures such filtering, updates management, and other mechanisms. These options better protects your applications and confidential data. The result is better security a key factor in the success of any Organization.
- Cost Efficiency: Less maintenance, plus a decreased need for dedicated hardware and employee resources means that deploying in the Cloud saves time and money. Employees can focus on revenue-generating projects, that increases contributions to the bottom line. Deployment of new or updated software is rapid, with shorter testing periods. Cloud Deployment consolidates hardware and space requirements, reducing operating costs and capital expenditures.
- Better Business Continuity: Cloud Deployment enables your business to run smoothly, even when issues occur. For example, minimized service and failover disruptions, plus streamlined disaster recovery mechanisms, allow for constant access to your software applications and data.This allows your business to continue operating seamlessly during an event.
- Increased Internal Innovation: A final benefit of Cloud Deployment is the ability for your employees to develop applications that work specifically within your Cloud. This creates a more seamless usage of Cloud computing capabilities while capitalizing on the creativity of your employees.
Great ideas become great solutions, but only when they are well thought out, planned and executed. Reap the benefits of deploying your applications in the Cloud and harnessing its power.
About the Author
Dynamic change agent with 25+ year portfolio of success developing IT strategies, functional areas, groups, organizations, infrastructures, and programs to enable successful business growth. Instrumental in facilitating expansion of home improvement retailer Lowe’s from 1K to 2K stores by building and deploying new, world-class IT organization from the ground up. Adept at leading and mentoring teams of up to 150+ across multiple geographical areas. Analytical thinker, adept at identifying and distilling long-standing issues, defining solutions, and driving implementations and roll-outs. Skilled in serving as a Subject Matter Expert on IT processes, methods, and organizations. Dedicated to cultivating high-performance teams.