What is Windows Azure?
Windows Azure – along with Office 365 and Intune – is part of Microsoft’s Cloud Services. Azure is an open and flexible cloud platform that enables you to quickly build, deploy, and manage applications across a global network of Microsoft-managed data centers. You can build applications using any language, tool, or framework, and you can integrate your public cloud applications with your existing IT infrastructure.
Key Azure Scenarios
Data Backup in the Cloud: Easy, scalable data backup in the cloud.
- A range of applications: file servers, SharePoint, SQL Server, Exchange
- Encrypted backups, Global Geo-redundant datacenters
- Quickly and easily provision more storage as needed
Deploy Applications within VMs: Quickly deploy applications in the cloud.
- Reduce IT budget and IT management burden
- Deploy Microsoft Workloads (SharePoint Servers, SQL Server, Domain Controllers) as well as third-party business applications
Host Websites: Move your websites to the cloud.
- Quickly build, deploy, and manage websites on an open and flexible cloud platform
- Peace of mind from hosting on a global network of Microsoft-managed data centers
Azure Purchasing Options
- Pay As You Go: $0 up front, cancel any time, no long-term commitment
- 6- or 12-month Subscription: Monetary commitments starting at $500/month
- Open Licensing Program: 12-month commitment, flexibility with Volume Licensing
- Longer-term: Offers additional discounts and terms as part of a deeper commitment to the platform
Learn more about Microsoft Azure by downloading our Data Sheet: Windows Azure Pack Overview.
About the Author
Jake Kent is an Entrepreneur and Business Owner who specializes in Information Technology. Jake has founded eight companies in the IT Consulting and Delivery, Investment Real Estate, and Community Banking industries. Jake brings vision, leadership and a strong work ethic to the CEO role. He leads by example, possessing remarkable skills, experience and expertise across business strategy, operations, financial management and sales and marketing. Read More…