You’ve seen the American Express advertisements asking consumers to participate in Small Business Saturdays and are probably aware of the nationwide “Green Friday” campaign, which is about supporting locally-owned independent businesses every Friday.
Consumers make a point to support small businesses in their community; when shopping for a technology partner or IT resources, doesn’t it make sense for business owners to do the same?
Why it’s better to buy technology products and services from local businesses:
- Face-to-Face: Personal interaction and relationship with your local technology provider
- Around the Corner: Better response times and convenient on-site visits
- Save Money: Reduction in project costs by eliminating unnecessary travel expenses
- Ask your Neighbor: Better insight into local providers for related ancillary products and services
- Less Subcontracting: Consistent service, especially during the “last mile” of an implementation
- Use Who You Know: Local networking and referral opportunities
- Community Reinvestment: Drives growth and investment in your community
Local businesses can be much more flexible than national chains, and chances are they will understand your business needs better than a large corporation can. In many cases, your local value-added reseller (VAR) will even be able to match online product pricing.
Even if buying local costs a little more, isn’t it worth the convenience of being able to pick up the phone and immediately reach your technology partner?
Today’s technology is more complex than ever. When you engage a local technology partner you can reduce costs, increase the quality of your service you receive, and ensure consistent, quality delivery.
Request a free consultation from JCMR Technology to discover more about how a strategic partnership with a local technology firm can benefit your business.