This month, we’ve been talking about the many benefits of virtualization. You need to know that your company’s virtualized infrastructure is reliable, flexible, available, and provides the cost efficiencies and positive impact on your IT budget you were expecting.
Microsoft’s Cloud Services – Azure, Office 365, and Intune – is a product set that provides a comprehensive solution for virtualization and infrastructure alignment. Here are the main benefits to choosing Microsoft’s Cloud Services as a single vendor solution to your virtualization needs.
Cost: Many Microsoft services include the software licenses that run on the service, eliminating the need for large software purchases. With Microsoft’s Software Assurance, customers can define the software, licensing, and support that works for their company, and spread payments over several years.
Support: Most Cloud Services providers will offer software support, but a single-vendor solution means that Microsoft will support the applications, servers, the underlying virtual/cloud infrastructure when it is hosted on Microsoft Azure. This effectively provides a one-stop shop for your most critical support needs, which means that your issues will likely be resolved faster.
Comprehensive Solution: A company could architect, implement, and migrate to a Microsoft cloud-hosted solution with one multi-phase project.
- Microsoft Azure hosts business application systems such as SQL, Oracle, and Line of Business applications. This is comparable to what would be hosted in your data center today.
- Office 365 covers your company’s email (Exchange), collaboration (SharePoint), Unified Communications / Telephony (Lync), and CRM (Microsoft Dynamics) and provides single sign-on access.
- Intune provides monitoring, management, and automation for secure laptops, desktops and mobile devices, including Apple and Droid.
- Microsoft’s Cloud solution set is architected for plug-n-play between individual services and geographies
- Many capabilities are out of the box
- Microsoft is the only worldwide PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS provider whose familiar management solutions can be used whether the environment is in the cloud, on premise or hybrid
To learn more about the Microsoft pricing structure, check out our Data Sheet:
About the Author
Eric Jones is an IT Consultant with nearly two decades of large scale IT experience. Throughout his career, he has focused on multi-discipline architecture and solutions design and has accumulated deep technical knowledge across the Microsoft, IBM and Symantec enterprise applications. Rooted in process, Eric is an experienced practitioner of both ITIL as well as Six Sigma principles and methodologies. He greatly enjoys devising solutions that result in a clear benefit for the Client. Read More…